- Years in Practice: 25+ Years
- School: University of Texas at Tyler
- Year Graduated: 1996
- License No. and State: 17376 Texas
- Avg Cost (per session): $90
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
Accepted Insurance Plans
- BlueCross and BlueShield
Hello, My Name is Laura Fleming
I am licensed by the state of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor. I received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri and a Masterʼs of Science degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Texas in Tyler. I am a current member of the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association and The Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association.
Over the years I have worked with all kinds of clients and addressed a variety issues including, trauma, eating disorders, relationship issues, gender issues, depression, anxiety, and learning disorders. I also work with families dealing with divorce and custody issues. I stay current with therapy through continuing education courses, numerous professional journals and books. You will find a list of the books I find useful in therapy, on this website. I try to update this list regularly, since I am always reading. Most people find me fun loving and easy going, but I take my job seriously. We will spend a lot of time in counseling talking about very private things. I donʼt take that responsibility lightly. Everything you tell me is handled confidentially and with respect. I try very hard not to burden you with my values. Counseling sessions with me are a “no-judgment zone.” My goal for counseling is to assist you in becoming whoever you really want to be.
On a personal note, I am married, have two children, two dogs and volunteer in my community. I was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky. (Yes, I love horses.) I moved to Columbia, Missouri for college. After graduation, my best friend and I moved to Dallas, Texas, to find fame and fortune! After reality hit, she moved to Colorado and I enrolled in graduate school. Now I live in Fort Worth and love it!
- Eating Disorders
- EMDR, trained and certified, 2019
- Stephens College, Columbia, MO., B.A., 1979.
- University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, TX., M.S., 1996.
- University of Texas Health Science Center in Tyler, Bariatric Clinic Internship, 1996.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)